- New iHope Church in North Tonawanda to host Thanksgiving meal for community When the new iHope Community Church opened in September, lead pastor Matthew Richbart spoke about how he wanted the church to be "a real community church," with frequent outreach events and an atmosphere of family.
United Way to light the way for holiday season on Wednesday
One of Niagara Falls’ most recognizable holiday traditions will once again shed light and holiday cheer throughout the city, when the United Way of Greater Niagara kicks off the annual Holiday Lights of Niagara Trail.
- AAA projects slight drop in Thanksgiving travel Overall travel will drop slightly this week over last year, according to the latest projections released by the national American Automobile Association.
Falls officials set to mark Giving Tuesday
Mayor Paul A. Dyster will deliver a proclamation to recognize Giving Tuesday, the national giving day celebrated on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Community Missions of Niagara will be represented for their participation in the Giving Tuesday campaign and service to the community.
- Hundreds gather to mourn the passing of Charlie the Chimp The line of people snaked all the way out of the door of the Town on Niagara Community Center Sunday night.
- Family helps young cancer victim's journey continue Some people spend a lifetime trying to cement their legacy for future generations. Missed opportunities pile up and, too often, the end comes with regrets.
- Vietnam veteran's widow presented with medals on Sunday A Next-of-Kin Gold Star Lapel Button was presented to Blanche Lucas of Lockport on Sunday -- 45 years after her husband was killed in Vietnam. A construction mechanic in the United States Navy, Richard M. Sprout was killed in action in Dong Ha, Vietnam in 1968 during an artillery attack on base. Lucas, who has since remarried, never received the Gold Star Lapel Button at the time of Sprout's death.
- 12 new artists join lineup at Kenan Holiday Gift Show Fifty local artisans and designers are selling unique gifts and artwork this weekend at the 33rd Annual Kenan Arts Council Holiday Gift Show.
United Way celebrates successful fundraising campaign
The United Way of Greater Niagara celebrated another successful another successful year, announcing that it has surpassed its fundraising goal by raising $1,279,786 during its Community Care Campaign.
- AQUARIUM: Penguins need a temporary home downtown Somewhere in this city there's an empty building or warehouse that could be the perfect spot for a colony of temporarily homeless penguins. Note to that building owner: Gay Molnar is looking for you.
- More Communities Headlines