Niagara Gazette — The new-look Niagara Aerospace Museum is ready for take off.
Officials from the museum will give the public its first glimpse of their new location inside the former Niagara Falls International Airport terminal today.
The museum officially opens at 11 a.m. The regular schedule of operation hours will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesdays through Sundays. Group tours and special events will also be available by appointment.
The museum is dedicated to preserving the area's rich aviation history, including developments made by Bell Aircraft, Consolidated Aircraft, Curtiss-Wright and other notable firms with ties to the area. The museum has had several locations in Western New York in recent years, including most recently in downtown Buffalo. It was last housed in Niagara County in the old Niagara Office Building - now the Seneca Office Building - in downtown Niagara Falls.
The museum's collection, which will now be on display inside the old Falls terminal, includes artifacts, aircraft, helicopters and other pieces representing more than 100 years of aviation history from the Wright brothers to the space program. Key pieces include a 1917 Curtiss Jenny, early Bell model 47 helicopters, the Bell P-39 Airacobra and the Rocket Belt.
For more information, contact the museum at 716-297-1324 or visit the museum's Facebook page at www.wnyaerospace.org.