Niagara Gazette — Registration is now under way for Artpark’s annual summer camps for children and teens throughout July and August. Returning camps include three week-long sessions of Art Camp, Rock Camp and Advanced Rock Camp returns young musicians, as well as the successful Advanced Art Camp for high school students. This summer, Artpark added a second session of the popular Theater Camp, for more experienced musical theater students.
The Artpark 2013 Camp schedule:
• ART CAMP: July 8-12, July 15-19, July 29-Aug. 2; Ages 9-14. Explore artistic elements like drawing, painting, ceramics and more.
• ADVANCED ART CAMP: Aug. 5-9; Ages 15-17. For high school students with a serious interest in art and creating a fine art portfolio.
• THEATER CAMP: July 15-19; Ages 9-15. Aspiring actors can learn from the pros and get a behind-the-scenes look into the making of a Broadway musical.
• THEATER CAMP: Aug. 5-9; Ages 13-18. Led by professional actors, this new session is a more in-depth exploration of the elements of acting, singing, dancing, auditioning, character development and more.
• ROCK CAMP: July 22-27; Ages 10-14. Future rock stars with at least 2 years experience on guitar, bass, or keyboards will love working with some of Western New York’s finest musicians, exploring all elements of rock music.
• ADVANCED ART CAMP: July 29-August 3; Ages 15-18. For the more experienced guitarists, bassists, and keyboardists looking to perfect their skills and rock out on the Outdoor Amphitheater stage.
Theater Camp runs Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., all other camps take place Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Enrollment is limited as one-on-one instruction is emphasized. All Camps are $250 per session. Full payment is due upon registration. Lewiston residents receive 10 percent camp fees. Informational brochures and registration forms are available online at www.artpark.net or call the Artpark Box Office at 754-4375 to be added to Artpark’s Camp mailing list.