Niagara Gazette — The new school opened in September of 1924. Dr. James F. Taylor was principal. The three- and four-story brick building held 72 classrooms, an auditorium, gymnasium and swimming pool. Costs including land, building and equipment amounted to $1,258,201.01 and another addition was added in 1970 at a cost of $32,300.00. The new school was constructed in the Classic Revival Style popular during 1923-1924.
Next week more history of this “grand old lady.”Norma Higgs serves with the Niagara Beautification Commission and Niagara Falls Block Club Council.