Niagara Gazette — Additions began in 1863 when the church was enlarged to include the sanctuary transept and the side chapels. Father’s Stephen’s original grave site was incorporated into this construction and a plaque marks the location of the tomb today. The larger church began serving its parish on Sunday, Dec. 13, 1863.
During these times we have noted that several area churches were growing both in size, stature and parishioners. St. Mary of the Cataract Church was certainly part of this growth and next week we will continue to follow its journey.
Norma Higgs serves with the Niagara Beautification Commission and Niagara Falls Block Club Council.Norma Higgs serves with the Niagara Beautification Commission and Niagara Falls Block Club Council.