Hey everyone, this is Charron, finally returning to blog. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a great New Year’s. Everything has been good for me on the court, and average at best personally.
I lost a cousin and an uncle this break, which hit me pretty hard and forced me to take some time away from blogging. My success on the court has kept me going and I feel that I have been playing pretty well which I contribute to the fact that I have refocused my attitude and have been playing with my late family members on my mind. I am back to blogging though, and ready to start the New Year.
Basketball has been going extremely well these last few weeks. As many of you may know, I have moved up on the points per game list, and am now leading the country in scoring. This is both good, for obvious reasons, and bad as well. Now that I am the leading scorer, I am getting a lot more attention on the court. I am seeing a lot of tougher defenses and teams are really focusing more on me. Because of this though, our opponents are forcing the rest of my team to beat them, which really has brought out the best in my teammates.
We are on a nice winning streak right now and the team and I are very focused on keeping it alive. We thought before that we were struggling on the road but then we pulled together and got a really good Big East win against St. John’s earlier this season. Our young guys are playing with so much confidence and it is really benefiting the whole team. Since that crucial win we have won two more non-conference contests and two big MAAC road games.
UPDATE: Lockport man charged with attempted murder of 7-year-old
A 28-year-old Lockport man has now been charged with the attempted murder of a 7-year-old girl.
A woman called 911 just after 2 p.m. New Year's Eve to report a man was attacking her child. Police say the woman said, "79 Monroe, he is killing my baby" before the line was disconnected, according to Channel 4 News.
Niagara Gazette Blogs
Click the individual web ads for daily commentary from our staffers.
- BLOGGIN' IN THE PAINT: NU star focuses on hoops amid personal losses Niagara University's star senior enters the season as a top contender for Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference player of the year honors. Read his blog here.
- BLOGGIN' IN THE PAINT: NU's Charron Fisher talks pasta dinners, preparing for the week ahead After a loss, the ride back home is never fun. Stanley Hodge and I stayed awake and watched the film from the game and saw a lot of the mistakes that we made, and things that we need to improve on. Most of the rest of the team slept the whole way back because it’s sort of an unwritten rule that you can’t be up talking, joking around and having fun after a loss.
- UBEAT: Garcia gets digs record Contribute commentary to this weblog by e-mailing email@example.com.
- NUWS: Clements gets first win Contribute your thoughts to this Niagara Purple Eagles blog by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NU BLOG: March 2007 Purple Eagles coach will be a guest on ESPN Radio at 2 p.m. Sunday.
- ERIE COUNTY BLOG: Control board OKs controversial borrowing Erie County’s Legislature was in a tizzy at its June 5 meeting, a response to a last second letter from Control Board Chairman Anthony Baynes.
- FIRST-YEAR TEACHER BLOG: My Final Blog Michael Hamner is in his first year teaching social studies at LaSalle Middle School. The following is his blog on his teaching experience.
- ERIE COUNTY BLOG: Candidates line up for Legislature Several candidates running for Erie County Legislature in November, when all 15 seats are up for election, showed up at Thursday’s meeting.
- More Blogs Headlines
- UPDATE: Lockport man charged with attempted murder of 7-year-old